Performs routing clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, and administrative work in answering phones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, administering liquor accounts receivable, payroll, and utility billing.
Works under the general direction of the City Administrator and Finance Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Reads computer files or gathers records such as meter books, invoices, ticket books to compile needed data.
(2) Enters information into computer.
(3) Prepares liquor invoices and others as necessary.
(4) Responsible for all cash receipts and bank deposits.
(5) Processes work orders for utility disconnections, reconnections, new orders, and other public works service requests.
(6) Processes meter reading data; prepares and mails utility bills; maintains current customer account files; assists in reconciling utility billing activity with the general ledger.
(7) Receives telephone calls and citizen visits concerning utility billing or city services; handles questions and responds to citizen complaints.
(8) Pursues collection of delinquent utility accounts, including preparation and mailing of final notices, shut-off and turn-on orders, establishing and monitoring payment schedules, customer follow-up account research.
(9) Operates listed office machines as required.